Two-storey, (sand-blasted) red-brick building, reconstructed at ground floor, and with decorative brickwork at wall-head, and with buff-brick north (lane) elevation (c. 1890).
Ground Floor – Re-clad in red brick built off steel plates, with stone sills, concealed steel angles at apertures and no wooden trim, thus bearing no relationship to local, period shop-fronts. Back-lit sign floats in upper masonry and crude flashing caps rebuilt area. Modern door to LH side (to upper floor) is set within wider original wooden frame.
Second Floor – Pilasters divide sand-blasted, façade into three unequal bays, all with segmental-arch apertures and original 1/1 windows, paired at LH and central bays. Windows have cast-stone sills, decorated wooden spandrels, and voussoirs and hood-mouldings drop at upper jambs to minor corbelling. Machicolations bring wall-plane out to face of pilasters.
Parapet – Unornamented parapet is built off double, dog-toothed course. Modest piers corbel out above pilasters to extend through parapet, which is capped by clumsy metal flashing.
North Elevation – Elevation to lane is of buff brick, with segmental arches over ground-floor, single-pane replacement windows and original 2/2 windows above; all in reasonable repair.