114 St. Paul Street

Symmetrical, one-storey, hip-roofed, red-brick cottage with bay-window to south, and with projecting, buff-brick trim and elegant, carved, central keystone (c. 1880).

pic_114StPaul

Description – Pretty building has bevelled, buff-brick plinth over local-stone foundation, with projecting, buff-brick quoins rising to brick frieze, on corbelled brick blocks, at eaves throughout building. Masonry is load-bearing, hand-made brick with headers every sixth course. Symmetrical, three-bay façade has original, 2/2 windows (behind wooden storms) and original, four-panel door (behind metal storm) with transom window, all within coffered recess having curved soffit panel above. Sills are stone, including front door sill, and segmental-arch voussoirs are buff-brick, dropping at jambs to stepped corbelling, and with fine carved keystone at entry. Bay window to south has similar features, including 2/2 central and 1/1 side glazing (with wooden storms), and recessed, buff-brick panels below windows, and simpler voussoirs. Soffits are aluminum-clad, fascias have ogee, aluminum gutters and roof is clad in light-green asphalt shingles.

pic_114StPaul_2

Click here to return to St. Paul Street Street inventory

exploring our past

Copyright © Heritage Collingwood 2005- 2022