Two-storey, four-bay, painted (red?) brick building, with cast-stone trim, decorative brick elements and fine metal cornice (c. 1900).
Ground Floor – Shop-fronts are replacements in anodized aluminum, with large, recent, wood-framed, transom windows spanning width of building. Original cornice remains above; and a tin ceiling and cornice throughout the store are in good condition.
Second Floor – A pleasant contrast to awkward ground floor, though with much settlement. Four, similar, segmental-arch apertures, grouped into pairs, contain replacement (aluminum) 1/1 windows under (aluminum-flashed) diamond-pane, leaded-light transom windows. Segmental-arch apertures have stone sills and keystones decorated with Medusa heads. Panel of decorative, basket-weave brickwork, spans full width of building, and broad, stepped corbelling at upper wall brings plane of masonry out to plane of lateral pilasters.
Cornice and Parapet – Classically-inspired, sheet-metal cornice crowns elevation, comprising frieze above modest, profiled sections, then fine dentils, with modillions supporting projecting profiles above. Non-original metal straps tie top of cornice back to parapet, and parapet is without protective flashing or coping.