Two-storey, reddish-brown, rug-brick, neo-Georgian institutional building, with recessed pointing, pedimented, stone entry, limestone trim and modillioned metal cornice (c. 1920).
Ground Floor – Built off ashlar, local-limestone plinth containing small windows to basement. Projecting ashlar quoins at corners rise from plinth to cornice. RH side entrance is framed by moulded, stone architraves and protected by stone pediment built off elegant stone brackets. Frieze is incised with words “The Bell Telephone Company of Canada”. Original, veneered and glazed door and transom window remain in good repair. Original 6/1 windows remain, having stone sills over small stone brackets, and flat brick arches. Window arches have ashlar springers and keystones, the latter being mannerist, with projecting, canted, central element.
Second Floor – As at ground floor, but 6/1 windows are slightly smaller, stone sills are without consoles, and flat-arches at windows are without stone springers.
Cornice and Parapet – Metal cornice has only modest frieze, with block-like modillions above supporting projecting fascia and upper cyma recta. Parapet is unadorned and spans between small corner piers capped with stepped, limestone copings. Parapet is finished with jointed, glazed, terra-cotta tiles.
South Elevation – Two-storey, reddish-brown, rug-brick, neo-Georgian institutional building, with recessed pointing, pedimented, stone entry, limestone trim and modillioned metal cornice (c. 1920).
Elements are similar to those described above, with exception of lack of brackets at ground floor windowsills. Cornice and quoins return into west elevation of building. Lighter appearance of brickwork at most westerly bay presumably indicates extension of original building, or may result from cleaning in this area.