Two-storey, two-unit, buff brick building with addition, small central bay, original cornices and cast-stone trim (c. 1905).
Ground Floor – Shop-fronts and door to upper floor are recent, in extruded aluminum, built off stall-risers with unusual planters. Painted wooden pilasters frame shop-fronts and central door, extending behind modern, blue plastic sign to narrow frieze and fine, dentilled, wooden cornice above. Cornice steps forward at central door (no. 171), with small pediment at entry.
Second Floor – Similar to nos. 163 and 165, but with replacement, 1/1, aluminum-framed units within original frames, under elliptical transom windows of leaded glass, with sills and rusticated voussoirs of cast stone. Narrow, central bay contains replacement, full-size, 1/1 square-headed window in round-arch opening, with rubbed-brick voussoirs and cast keystone. Deep band of broad machicolations, cast-stone band-course and rendered frieze end this level.
Parapet – Lower parapet has full-width frieze of pargetting (textured render), presumably original, set below small metal cornice. Parapet above is built of buff brick, with copings of glazed and jointed, terra-cotta tiles.