22 and 24 St. Paul Street

Two-storey, semi-detached, red-brick houses with various original features (c. 1900).


Description – Pair of attractive houses remains fundamentally intact. Original, half-glazed doors remain, having three lower panels with bolection mouldings (behind metal storm at no. 22). Transom windows, with textured, period glass, also remain (with wooden storm at no. 22). Segmental arches have single hood-moudings which drop at jambs to double string-course extending around building. (At no. 22, voussoirs and decorative brickwork are painted in a lively manner.) Ground-floor front window apertures are elliptical-arched, with single hood-moulding over rubbed-brick voussoirs. Windows are unsuitable modern replacements, though transom window may remain hidden at no. 24. At second floor, 2/2 windows remain throughout (behind metal storms), all with thick wooden sills. Segmental arches and hood-mouldings are as at ground floor. Soffits are clad in beaded boards, fascias are plain and roof has galvanized metal laid over wooden shingles. There are no gutters nor chimneys.


Click here to return to St. Paul Street Street inventory

exploring our past

Copyright © Heritage Collingwood 2005- 2022