Two-storey, (recently) rendered, pitched-roof house with lean-to verandah, new PVC period shutters and fine, attenuated bargeboards at full-width gable (c. 1880).
Description – Symmetrical house is typical in its traditional form, but unusual in its frame construction, with decorative band-courses typical of masonry. Ground floor has lean-to verandah with three turned (shortened) columns built of half-height, cast, concrete piers. Railing is metal replacement on concrete landing. Entrance has four-panel door – upper panels with rounded heads – set between two-pane side-lights, all below period, three-pane transom window. (Old components are behind modern enclosure of aluminum-framed storm-door and side-lights). Window to front room is original 2/2, with wooden sill and modest casings on three sides (and with new PVC shutters). Rendered wall-surface is unornamented except for band of painted wood extending across wall below window-head height. Second floor has two, symmetrically placed, 2/2 windows, also with wooden sills, plain casings (and new shutters). Wall-surface is again unornamented, except for painted, wooden band extending across wall below window-head height. Gable has unusual bargeboards consisting of thin-section, framing elements containing very attenuated lozenge, and with small, punctured lozenge at centre of pitches, and discs at peak and eaves. Soffit boards are beaded, fascia has shingle-moulding, and peak has upper and pendant finials. Main roof is clad in profiled, galvanized sheet-metal, while porch has light-brown, asphalt shingles.