265 Ste. Marie Street

Gabled, aluminum-clad, one-storey house on concrete plinth, and with decorative balusters and minor bargeboard at top of gable (c.1890).


Description – Modest house is assumed to have rendered (or rough-cast) walls below present aluminum cladding. Concrete stair leads to aluminum storm and half-glazed, slab-type, front door, set within wooden casing with outer moulding. Canopy above has segmental-arched soffit and ogee shaped roof-deck and is supported by small, modern, metal posts in front of older, scrolled brackets. Front window is recent replacement, with fixed pane over small, awning sash, again within original, profiled casings. Peak of gable retains decorative balusters spanning between fluted top and bottom rails, with trefoil-shaped aperture above. Soffit boards have ogee moulding, fascias are narrow and unornamented, and roof is clad in grey asphalt shingles. A red and buff brick chimney, with bevelled top course to base, remains at rear of peak.

Click here to return to Ste. Marie Street Street inventory

exploring our past

Copyright © Heritage Collingwood 2005- 2022