Two-storey, five-bay, round-arched, red-brick building with large, decorated, brick tympana and with corbelled and dog-toothed parapet (c. 1900).
Ground Floor – Lower level comprises five round-headed apertures over thick concrete sills, and with panels of soldier-course dog-toothing below. Rubbed-brick voussoirs have hood-mouldings throughout, and doorway at LH side has been reduced by later, inner band of recessed, peripheral brick jambs and voussoirs. Central doorway is post-Stokes Report, and lower thermopanes are recent, below replacement transom windows – all in original frames. ¾ glazed, wooden door to upper floor (no. 27 – at LH side) is of unknown age, but not recent. Central doorway is recent alteration, with opening reduced by wooden infill and actual door set beyond. Discreet, top-lit, wooden sign and period canopy occupy spandrel area above.
Second Floor – Five, round-headed apertures contain fixed, single-pane windows which replace 2/2 windows shown in Stokes Report. Broad arches, having tympana of rusticated basket-weave brickwork, span outer pairs of windows, and are built of soldier-course headers with single hood moulding. Window voussoirs are similar to those at broad arches, and upper central wall has (replacement) stone dated 1898.
Parapet – Parapet spans between small piers corbelled out at sides of façade, and comprises dainty, tapered machicolees with narrow spaces between. Brick stringcourse, with double, dog-toothed course above, span full width of building, capped by rusty metal flashing.