Two-storey, polychrome brick building with Venetian influences, as at corner block (c. 1880).
Ground Floor – Nail-head-type, wooden cornice extends across all units, and over plain, rebuilt red-brick piers. Small, haphazard signs float on huge white fascia which might conceal older materials beneath. Shop-front below is jumble of non-original elements.
Second Floor – Upper level comprises two wide, segmental-arch bays with red-brick and buff voussoirs, with upper band of black bricks forming pointed arches above. Sills are (painted) limestone, and stone springers above extend into red and buff, soldier-brick band-course framed by black-brick stretchers, which extends also into pilasters. Windows are unfortunate bottom-sliders, set within original, segmental-headed cases having central decorative mullions and with filigree above.
Parapet – Building is crowned by tall machicolees having stepped arches, and built off paired, diagonal bricks. Pilasters end with attenuated, corbelled brickwork having recessed panels. Parapet has single, corbelled, lower stringcourse and double, upper, corbelled stringcourse framing central row of recessed crosses. Elegant, ogee-shaped stone coping crowns parapet.