Simple, two-storey, red-brick, commercial units divided by plain pilasters (c. 1915).
Ground Floor – This is one of few examples where large, shop-front windows continue into side lane. Shop-fronts themselves are unremarkable, with an abundance of white render, but within the less prominent context of a side street, this is not unacceptable. Plinth and pilaster bases are clad in Angel-stone, while masonry above is clad in vertical metal. Horizontal band of recent vertical metal siding unifying feature (assumed to hide steel beams). At no. 9, a lone, segmental-arched, brick hood-moulding peeps over metal cladding.
Second Floor – Upper level has ladder-type, brick band-course between plain pilasters. Segmental-arch apertures have thin (replacement) stone sills and metal windows with operational awnings under fixed, upper sashes, two within each segmental arched opening.
Parapet – Metal-clad parapet, stepping down to east, is a prominent feature inappropriate to period of building, and may hide decorative features.