Award – 234 Pine Street

award_234Pine

– Built in 1901-1902 for David Williams in Queen Anne Revival style.

-David Williams served his community in many ways – Mayor, Chair of the Simcoe County Board of Education, Library and Hospital Boards, Founder of the Huron Institute, Editor of the Enterprise Bulletin newspaper.

-Provincially Mr. Williams was the President of the Canadian Press Association, the Ontario Historical Society, the Ontario Library Association and the Ontario Hospital Association.

-Purchased in 2012 by Stuart Liddell who has done various interior renovations but most notably restored the grand verandah.

Click here to return to view full Awards category

exploring our past

Copyright © Heritage Collingwood 2005- 2022