Careful attention was paid to the restoration of the c.1900 verandah at 252 Hurontario Street.
This newly restored building in downtown Collingwood has a fresh face and a new purpose on the main street.
Built around the turn of the century, the two-storey brick dwelling was long known as the Ditson House. The longtime family home now serves as the clinic and offices of chiropodist Cindy Lewis.
Cindy and her husband, Steve, spent almost a year on the project, which included the construction of a sympathetic addition that houses treatment rooms.
Most impressive from a heritage preservation standpoint was Steve’s work in restoring the crumbling front porch.