Award – Anglican Church

pic_32Elgin_1

Anglican Church
32 Elgin Street – 75 Ontario Street

pic_32Elgin_2

The Church was built in 1857 in the Gothic Revival style. The original pitched roof design of the tower was changed in 1884, to a Norman style. The Rectory was built in 1877 with Gothic Revival elements. The Parish Hall was constructed in 1911 and designed by Philip C. Palin

Recent Highlights:

2001 – restoration of the bell tower

2006 – decorative fence at the Rectory

2009 – painting wood trim

2009-2013 – restoration of Masonry*

* Heritage Grant Funded

2010 – replicating windows

2011 – new roof on Parish Hall

2012 – Solar Panels on the Parish Hall

2013 – Replicating of the Church doors including hardware

2013 – Replacing the cedar shake roof on the Rectory

Click here to return to view full Awards category

exploring our past

Copyright © Heritage Collingwood 2005- 2022